Hi,
So the big news is..... Katie finished her 5K run that she had been training for. If you know me at all, you know how much I loathe exercise and try to avoid it at all costs. Well, after turning 30, I decided I needed to try to take better care of my aging body, so I started training for a 5K. My one goal was to finish it without walking. It turned out better than I even expected. All my training paid off because I met the goal and finished in 37 minutes and beat all the walkers and even some runners! Yea! I was number 13 and got a chip on my shoe to time me, WOW.
The weekend of fall fun consisted of our family taking a spur of the moment trip to a sweet, little apple orchard where we picked apples and pet black sheep. Then, my friend Rachel came over, and we ate chili and cider. At the run, which was at the zoo, Grace and I found some beautiful and very big orange leaves. The first orange leaves we have found since the leaves started to change colors here! Of course, this was extremely exciting for us (well, it was for me at least!)
I know, you are all wanting to see pictures of the kids. Here are a few from our apple picking trip.
Sophia really likes this backpack. One of Nathan's professors just gave it to us. She said she did not need it anymore. How nice!
That's it for now. I tried to post this great video of Sophia scooting/trying to crawl to get pieces of food, but it was taking too long to upload!
6 comments:
Way to go! I think I hate exercise even more than you (or at least just as much), and I guess 30 must be the turning point. Since turning 30 in August, I've been trying to get in better shape too. That's too funny!
Nice work- you look like a professional 5K runner :). Love the fall pictures, too!
Emily
katie,
you really look like a runner---in shorts!!!!
congratulations.
love, mom
Yeah Kate!!!! I knew you were going to rock that race...you make me want to get out and exercise. ha, ha. Great job, great pictures. Miss you. :)
Congratulations on your 5K!!! That is a really hard distance because it's short enough that everyone wants to sprint and long enough that it basically feels like you're dying! Way to go, Katie!! What is next, a marathon? :)
Nice job on the race Katie!
Post a Comment