Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good Bye Summer


Fall comes early in Madison. I am not complaining, it is my all time favorite season. I love everything about it, apples, pumpkins, changing leaves, football, new TV shows, great weather, beautiful trees, pumpkin candles, apple cider, the list goes on. We will soon be breaking out all of our pumpkin decor here at the Artz house. This is our own family holiday that we made up called "Kickoff to Pumpkin Season."

Now, back to summer.... We celebrated my 30th birthday in St. Louis. It was very fun. Grace got to stay at Grandma and Paw Paw's house for three days by herself before Nathan and Sophia and I met her there. She loved it, could not care less we were there when she saw us.

Grace and Sophia have a friend they get to play with five days a week now.... Linnea has started daycare with us and it is going very well so far. Grace was not extremely happy about the whole thing for the first couple days, but today Linnea got the invite by Grace to "come play in my room Linnea!" Big times over here!

Grace learned how to drink out of a big girl cup, which she does only when she wants to.


Sophia made some new boyfriends when we visited St. Louis! These are my friend Lori's new twin boys, they are absolutely adorable.

I got to swing on my favorite childhood swing with Grace during our trip to St. Louis. She loved it just as much as I did. Glad I can still fit on that swing with my thirty year old self!

Sophia found a new play pen to entertain her. She enjoys the laundry basket play sessions.




We have had a great summer up here! I need to take some pictures of Nathan so you can see him too. He is doing very well. He is happy with his research right now and feels like it is moving along, which is a praise. That's all of our news for now
Katie

3 comments:

Armstrong's said...

Great pics! I saw your family photo shoot on Erin's blog. What wonderful pictures- your hair is so long. You all look beautiful! Good to chat tonight. Miss you guys!

The Hoags said...

Great update, Kate. The girls are so, so cute. I'm so glad I finally got to meet Sophia!! See you soon.

alexis said...

I'm so jealous! Our fall season will not begin till early December down here. Great pics! Will you be in STL over Christmas this year?